Total Body Circuit Training
High Intensity Interval Training can produce body changing results in less time than conventional aerobic and strength programs. Below is a circuit that will challenge the entire body in all planes of movement, push, pull, upper body, lower body and your core. Created with Just a few basic bodyweight exercises and a couple of dumbbell exercises are all it takes.
Be sure to consult a qualified healthcare professional before beginning an exercise program or participating in strenuous physical activities.
Duration: 12 minute workout / 2 minute warm-up / 1 minute cooldown
30 seconds each exercise consecutively at maximum effort. Then 60 seconds rest and repeat the Circuit 3 times.
High Knee Run 30 sec
Squat Jump 30 sec
Mountain Climber 30 sec
Skater 30 sec
Rest for 60 sec / Repeat
Circuit of 3 rounds
Crab Kicks 30 sec
Spiderman Plank 30 sec
Dumbbell Forward Lunge and Curl 30 sec
Dumbbell Step Up 30 sec
Rest for 60 Sec / Repeat
High Knee Run
1) Bring your knees to your hands rather than your hands to your knees. 2) Do the desired number of repetitions or time.
1) When performing a squat jump, start in a squat position. 2) You’ll jump up and when you land, you’ll sit back into another squat position. 3) Keep your back up in a neutral or slightly arched position. 4) Land softly in a knee bend.
1) Begin in a pushup position, with your weight supported by your hands and toes. 2) Flexing the knee and hip, bring one leg until the knee is approximately under the hip. This will be your starting position. 3) Explosively reverse the positions of your legs, extending the bent leg until the leg is straight and supported by the toe, and bringing the other foot up with the hip and knee flexed. 4) Repeat in an alternating fashion for 20-30 seconds
1) Jump side to side on one foot. 2) Make sure your back foot doesn’t touch the ground.
1. Get down into a crab position on the floor with knees bent, position your feet shoulder width apart. 2. Be sure to contract your core, raise your hips up, keeping your neck neutral. 3. Kick one leg up into the air and reach to tap it with the opposite hand, keeping your hips elevated. 4. Reverse the movement, then repeat on the opposite side.
1.Support your body off the floor, resting on your toes and elbows. 2.Raise one foot off the floor, bending at the knee bring it to your elbow while remaining in the plank position. 3.Return your foot back to starting position. 4.Repeat on the other side. Alternate sides with each rep.
Dumbbell Forward Lunge and Curl
1.Stand upright holding dumbbells by your sides with arms straight. 2.Step forward, dropping your back knee toward the floor with your weight on your front leg and raise the dumbbells to shoulder height, bending your elbows. 3.Push off your front foot, lower the dumbbells and return to starting position. 4.Complete all reps on one side before switching to the other side
Dumbbell Step Up
1. When performing the step up, ensure that your leg gets the full extension at the top of the step. Keep your knee in line with your foot and your hip as you extend your leg. 2. Stand up straight with dumbbells on each hand. 3. Place the right foot on the elevated platform. And let the left foot stay on the ground. This will be your starting position. 4. Lift your left foot all the way forward while keeping your knee slightly bent. And your right foot straight. 5. Then back to starting position. 6. Once you’re completed one side, do the other.